PE summit classic value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2013
usa
I was just given a PE summit classic from a friend that just sold his house.
It came with a blower and is the color red. It's in good shape as far as I can tell, only a few years old. I will post pics tonight.

My problem is that it will not fit in the space that I have. (Hearth mount) So I am looking to trade it/sell it for the Jotul F-500 that I've wanted for years.

Before I go to the dealer to start to work out a deal, I would like to get some input on what you guys think it's worth. Private sale or trade in value.

Thank for the replies, I love this forum.

Might want to consider putting this in the "For Sale" section...
Thanks,
I was thinking about putting it in there, but it's not really for sale just yet, I would like to deal with the same dealer that I buy the new stove from.
If you think it should be moved, feel free. Not sure how to do that.
If I do decide to sell it here, I'll be sure to post a new thread with photos/specs in the "for sale" area

Reactions: Lake Girl
Here you can look up its price new: https://www.chimneysweeponline.com/pacsumc.htm
Just a few years used and still in great condition, maybe about 2/3 of the new price. Can you check whether it is still an older A series model? A pic of the tag may help.

Does the Jotul dealer also sell PE stoves and used stoves? Otherwise, not sure how inclined he will be to trade in the Summit.

Pull the ashpan and look underneath front and center. If the EBT is there it is an "A" model. If the EBT is in the rear under the secondary pipe it is a later model, probably a "B".

Pull the ashpan and look underneath front and center. If the EBT is there it is an "A" model. If the EBT is in the rear under the secondary pipe it is a later model, probably a "B".
Looks like it's a series "A"
Is one of these better than the other or just different?
I just went on a long search to find out what an EBT is. Someone has a great YouTube video explaining how one works. I'd put my money on it that it was a member here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here you can look up its price new: https://www.chimneysweeponline.com/pacsumc.htm
Just a few years used and still in great condition, maybe about 2/3 of the new price. Can you check whether it is still an older A series model? A pic of the tag may help.

Does the Jotul dealer also sell PE stoves and used stoves? Otherwise, not sure how inclined he will be to trade in the Summit.
I got some photos on my phone, but can't seem to upload them. I think I need a computer for that.

It's a series A
Model #418065

It's really a beautiful stove. I took some time today cleaning it up and the red is growing on me... No somuch my wife.
I would love to keep it, it seems like a well made unit. It just won't fit without some major modifications.

I called the dealer nearby that sells both jotul and PE and they are not interested in a trade in. So it looks like I might be trying to sell it privately.

I'd put my money on it that it was a member here.
Now who would that be?
I am not that impressed by the A model EBT. Mine is blocked off with a piece of metal tape.

The classic is a nice looking stove. And in whorehouse red it truly is a hearth.com classic. (look up early Roospike posts.)

I own the classic and it is a very nice stove. I have a white one with chrome feet and glass bezel. I thought my girls would take more pride in it if it looked "pretty". I was right, they love it, and it keeps the lower level very comfortable and provide an awesome light show at night! I paid $2600 new in Indiana. Used one might pull $1500 if in good shape here....maybe more but not a quick sell it priced too high.

I own the classic and it is a very nice stove. I have a white one with chrome feet and glass bezel. I thought my girls would take more pride in it if it looked "pretty". I was right, they love it, and it keeps the lower level very comfortable and provide an awesome light show at night! I paid $2600 new in Indiana. Used one might pull $1500 if in good shape here....maybe more but not a quick sell it priced too high.
Great to hear, it really is a nice stove. I wish I could keep it without a major overhaul to my Livingroom.
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll put it up in the for sale section.

I would hold off on selling it for a month if possible. Then it should sell quickly for $1600-$1800.

Reactions: EG GREV NED MIN ELD
Thanks for the help guys. I successfully sold the stove today to a deserving gentleman in NY.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.