PE Summit finally installed today!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xikar

Feb 25, 2013
Connecticut
Finally was able to scrounge the time to install my new insert. Things been sitting in my living room since beginning of May in a wood crate! Wasn't too bad at all. Took about 3.5 hours in all. The liner went in without a hitch. Bought a 30ft flex king pro liner and insulation kit and it made it with 7" to spare!!! Looks pretty nice and I can't wait to burn this son a gun!

IMG_20130824_180734_zps0ab3f532.jpg

Reactions: jeff_t and Elusive
Boy, that looks great. Nice job. Enjoy that big boy. It can really heat. Be sure to find a new winter home for the candles. They will end up being a puddle of wax if they stay there.

Reactions: PapaDave
Looks really sweet.

candles.jpg

Fantastic job!! That looks great! Congrats

Hope it serves you for many years to come. :)

Looks nice.
Couples things stand out to me.
Do you have the 16" non combustible surface area in front of the insert?
Do you have the 23-1/2" clearance to the wood mantle piece overhead?
I came out 24" in front of my Summit and am glad I did.
Even with 16", that nice wood floor is going to get burnt from embers.
Still looks awesome though.
Enjoy

Reactions: jeff_t
Nice :cool: Fire It Up :)

Looks nice.
Couples things stand out to me.
Do you have the 16" non combustible surface area in front of the insert?
Do you have the 23-1/2" clearance to the wood mantle piece overhead?
I came out 24" in front of my Summit and am glad I did.
Even with 16", that nice wood floor is going to get burnt from embers.
Still looks awesome though.
Enjoy

Thank you! And as for your concerns on the clearances, I do have a hearth extender but I'm not going to use it until I fire this puppy up. As for the 23.5 inches, I have just over 19.5" but I did purchase the mantel shield. You can see it leaning against the mantel to the right. The manual only called for 15" to combustibles from the top of the stove body. http://www.pacificenergy.net/pacificenergy/pdfs/SINC.BODYA-210513-24.pdf page 3. If this does become a problem with the mantel shield I will easily just raise the mantel. All this aside, Im excited to finally have it in and now I can't wait to use the damn thing. LOL

You have the B body, get yourself the newer manual for future reference.
If you can't find it, for the B model. PM me and I can send it to you.
Sounds like you have it all under control.
Your going to enjoy that Insert.
I have for the past 7 years

Very nice - can see some serious nap time on those couches while the cold wind is blowing outside....

Very :cool: Fire it up with some dry wood and post some pics, come back and see us U here

Status
Not open for further replies.