PE Summit vs. Alderlea T6 vs. Enerzone 3.4 vs. Jotul F600 FL vs. Jotul Carrabassett

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy snorkel Batman! Up periscope!!!!!!!!
Ain't no stove gonna burn worth a crap with set up.
BG gave some sage advise, get that puppy going straight up and down, and see how she burns then.

Oops sorry, posted before I saw the after shot.
Hard to fathom that thing not pumping out some serious heat.
If that cruises at 600, most other stoves do the same, so another stove may not be any better.
There has to be some serious heat loss, or how maybe the set up of where he stove is to the rest of the house. Something else is factoring in here other than a stove that is really putting out decent heat.

Yeah it was quite a snorkel !!!! Not my creation. That was my insurance companies doing... They wanted it, I had to comply.

The performance has greatly improved with the straight shot of ICC double wall.

It cruses along at 625 STT with the damper basically closed off. Burn times and ash production are an issue. I cant get enough heat into the house fast enough and for a long enough period.

You made a good decision! We also have a corner install, and can't believe how cool the wall stays. The T6 will be your friend for many years.

I hope so! A buddy runs a Summit and he loves it. Gets a ton of heat. A T6 is just a Summit with cast iron shell so it should be the same.

The T6 takes longer to warm up, but also retaisn and releases heat over a longer period of time. The mass of cast iron acts like a heat flywheel. This helps the T6 keep exceptionally even temps in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.