Pellet boiler venting questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvmesomesamples

Burning Hunk
Oct 3, 2013
Cambridge NY
So I am getting my new pellet boiler installed soon and am trying to figure out the venting details. Originally we believed that the unlined chimney (down center of house) that my oil furnace is currently be vented into would be wide enough to drop 2 6 inch ss pipes down to vent both the boilers. But after closer inspection it narrows to 8x8 internal after it drops into the walls of the house. So I have the options to powevent the oil furnace that will hardly ever be used and drop a ss liner down the chimney for my pellet boiler. Or we could reposition the pellet boiler to an outside wall and run a ss chimney up the exterior wall. I do not like this option from an aesthetic standpoint. Am I missing any other options? I would like a neat and clean install. Also does anyone know the various codes for powerventing, or distance from windows, etc. thanks!

Ben

A friend of mine has a powervented oil furnace and I've seen it and it doesn't look bad. She has it low. I think she had to replace it once. I think there are two major brands. I was thinking of putting in one but a chimney guy was able to put in another chimney in my chase.

Thanks! Anyone else out there have any thoughts on power venting and typical install instructions as it pertains to height off the ground and distance from windows. Your insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.