1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

PELLET CO-OP

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by muss, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    I still say some kind of pellet co-op is a great way to go. I think it's worth kicking around. Enough ideas & we could probably come up with something . Have a certain amount of us in a certain area have a flatbed delivered when the weather breaks , then we could have a certain amount of days to go back & forth ,that would be an agreed upon mileage of travel , to bring the pellets home. That's only 1 rough idea. I'm sure there are enuff people in close proximity to be able to sustain this financially . Muss

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    Trying ot find a manufacturer willing to sell to you might be a little more difficult.
  3. muss

muss Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Embden, Maine
    Couldn't we just have PelletSales drop off flatbeds at pre arranged sites ? Get 6-8 or more people per drop . Just another idea Muss
  4. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    I found several folks in my area, mainly family members, to go in on trailer load. It ended up saving about $25/ton for each of us than if we had them delivered in our usual 3 ton loads. It must be possible to find enough folks in your area on this forum to do this!
  5. BubbRubb

BubbRubb New Member

Loc:
    Hagerstown, MD
    My understanding was when you get a trailer load that a loading dock is required. Am I confused? How do you get them unloaded?
  6. flueinc

flueinc New Member

Loc:
    porter me.
    pellet sales .com has a fork lift on the back of there truck.
  7. wwburning

wwburning New Member

Loc:
    West Warwick RI
    I'm also in on that tractor trailer load that rap69ri talked about. You need a loading dock or a forklift. Unless the truck has one on it.
  8. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    We were able to specify what type of truck the pellets were to be delivered on which is a flatbed trailer. That being the case we just need a forklift, and luckily for me a family member has one we can use.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.