pellet flame very weak? help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Igniter compartment is under the burn pot. Cool down and vac it our good. Also, unplug the stove when so doing and leave it so for at least a minute. Did you clean the ESP?

Never said anything about the cleaning of the venting yet! How many tons since done. How old of stove?

I just vacuumed in the combustion area. I didn't take anything apart.
That won't hack it. As Bio said above. "How many tons?" Ya gotta dismantle some things to clean it properly.

If you have not gotten past the ash bin in cleaning, your stove is probably choking on ash etc in the exhaust pathway, the ESP is covered and not reading properly and the hole out thru the ash in the venting is probably the size of I think you Canadians call it a looney. You have some serious work to get things working properly and safely. IMO

Reactions: F4jock
If you have not gotten past the ash bin in cleaning, your stove is probably choking on ash etc in the exhaust pathway, the ESP is covered and not reading properly and the hole out thru the ash in the venting is probably the size of I think you Canadians call it a looney. You have some serious work to get things working properly and safely. IMO
Joe Don Looney?

call Bioburner in the morning
Due to a very high number of calls this number has been disconnected and owner has moved to where they do not know what a *&%# pellet stove is.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Well could the venting area affect the flame?
Listen, you got to clean it all ! If you had one full ash pan it's time, never mind if you have had several. This is not going to be 'I'll brush off this little piece here and all is well, up and running". And then you need to get into a routine. I think in an XXV you have baffles to be pulled out. I know you have a hatch behind the ash pan when removed you have a through path to your venting. Be careful in there, look with a light, your ESP probe is in there, don't wreck it ! It's best to pull the ESP, then you can clean that too. You have the igniter chamber to do, the fines box to do. Don't forget to brush down the combustion blower fan. And you probably need to brush out your venting. When all that is done let us know how the stove runs. This should take maybe an hour on your first whack at it. You should have lively flames and dancing pellets in the pot. Oh don't forget the holes in the burn pot, give them a little ream job while you're at it.

Last edited:
Just emptied the fines box. It was plugged. Let's hope this works
Of course it was, read above !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you put that fines box cover on be sure and get the tab at the top back in the cover slot correctly. We all do it wrong at least once. I did but I caught it before firing the stove off. The fines box is just part of the cleaning ritual.

Now pull the igniter cover that is below the burn pot. Dig the ash out of there.

Last edited:
My stove was burning lazy after about a 1.5T of pellets and a large mud wasp next had somehow fallen down the vent tube and sat at the elbow. With the ash around it, was blocking 1/2 the exit area of the exhaust tube.

Reactions: alternativeheat
Well I've done all of those, just turned it on now so we will see if it lights
Good, set your feed rate at 4.

Way this thread has been going could be a skit from "The Red Green Show"

Reactions: alternativeheat
Seems as if the auto ignite won't work. I started it manually with gel. But it will probably die out again

Seems as if the auto ignite won't work. I started it manually with gel. But it will probably die out again
if the Igniter worked before and you just cleaned,[usually you pull the ash out with your finger as lot's of dried ash in there]
then you must have pulled a wire out....anyways, that can wait since you lit the pellets..
waiting with such anticipation here.. but will be surprised if it's fixed... it's the proper cleaning that has most of us in doubt..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.