Pellet from lowes in Cromwell Ct - beware!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David dinh

Oct 12, 2012
Middletown, CT
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and new to burning pellets. My second year burning. Last year I burnt north Americans. This year I'm burning green teams

Just had to share my experience in buying pellets at lowes.

I went in to the service desk and ordered 2 tons of pellets. I requested green supremes as I tried them last year before the season ended. So I paid for it and scheduled delivery. At 4.18/ton and delivery = $488.

2 days before delivery, lowes calls me to tell me that the pellets I requested are more expensive. I was soo confused.

So I called them to clarify, they told me I requested green teams (platinums) ($1.00/bag more or $5.20/bag) I talked to the manager in that area and they said I would get the GTs for that price because it wasn't my fault. So I get my pellets and they sent me green team premium.

I thought I was getting a good deal but in actuality, I'm not.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if u decide to order gt platinums, make sure it is in fact the platinums and not the premiums

You got a good deal with delivery...all Greene Team pellets (Platinum, Gold, etc.) are the same pellet.......

Ha? All Greene Teams are the same. Just different name on bag. Don't sweat it the GTs are considered better than the GS.

In most Lowes up this way they sell for arounf $270/ton. You got a much better pellet than Green Supreme.

Yeah. All the same. Premium, Platinum, Greene Golds..

Compared to Greene Teams, Green Supreme's are sub par at best.

You got a Great deal. IMO. Plus your burning them in a Quad. Eats it and spits heat :) Nothing burns like a Quad ;)

Reactions: oldmountvernon
Thanks everyone for the input. Good to know! I do like these compared to last years north American. But I got a question. What are better GTs or Maine wood pellets?

Heh, I read the first post as well and thought..'Beware?, beware you got the better end of the deal it sounds!' MWP generally get good reviews here as well, very close to if not right in the same league to the GTs, thinking GTs probably are preferred though.

Yea..sry I should have done more research. But I guess it caught people's attention to read my post :)

Thanks everyone for the input. Good to know! I do like these compared to last years north American. But I got a question. What are better GTs or Maine wood pellets?

95% of what I burned last year was GT and I liked them quite a bit. But once they went up to $274/ton around here not including delivery from a big box store, and a local pellet warehouse had MWP for $215/ton delivered I never looked back at the GT. I burned only a couple bags of MWP last year but I thought that they had less ash and didn't create the carbon buildup in the burnpot nearly as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.