Pellet stove connector?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mortimer

Nov 5, 2006
How would you connect two 3" OD pipe for exhaust

The stove and the Simpson double wall (inside part) are the same diameter.

The appliance adaptor made by Simpson Duravent

JTP is right... here is a link for it: http://www.ventingpipe.com/display.cfm?categoryID=495

I'm so glad you started this thread... Not to hijack your thread, but I am putting my Duravent together right now (after painting it... it was stainless)... What do you do at the connections? Do you use pipe cement? Do you just dry fit, then high temp silicone? I have a union that I'm working on where they do not interlock (I had to cut one of them). They fit together nice and snug, so I'm assuming as long as it is tight, I should just silicone the seam, so when I have to clean the pipe, it will come apart.

I put high temp silicone around all my joints. I haven't had to take it apart yet (1st season), but it should be easy to take apart to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.