Pellet stove or Wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jakehunter said:
The current set up is a heat pump once, it gets below 32F then it switches to the furance and it run's off natual gas. The problem is the heat pump seems to throw cold air all the time this is how they operate. The electric bills when its cold is around $ 250.00 but, the heat is set on 67F. I also, live in the county on a hill with nothing to block the wind. My house was built in 2006 so I do have good installation. The main reason I want a stove is because I want one and for power outages generator required for pellet stove.

The chimney set up for the pellet stove would be throw the wall. But, the cost of the stove, pipe and install is around $ 5,000.00. The wood stove will have to 90 out the side wall and straight up the outside of the house stove, pipe & install will be around $ 5,000.00. The cost for the stoves is because these are the stove I want I do not want to settle on something else. I want to do it right the first time around.

I have been told by the insuarnce company that anything I by will have a pro install. So, I could build the hearth and save alittle money.

Thanks, for all the replys it does help.

My insurance co had no issues with me having put in a pellet stove... did it myself and they didn't bat an eye. I guess they are all different, but pellet stoves are safer in most insurance companies eyes than wood stoves, or even natural gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.