pellet stove questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkvrgti

Mar 21, 2012
gray,maine
i recently got a deal on a few pellet stoves. was able to buy 3 englanders 25-pdv and one 49-shctm or 10-cm says both on the cover. the 25 pdv can hold 60 lbs vrs the other which holds 50 pellets or 60 corn. the 25pdv says max btus is 24k (in that range) and the other is 31k. i want to put the 25 in my house because it will hold more. but the other is rated for more btu. looking for input on that. also i was thinking of putting on out in my garage. i currently burn wood have the stove on the back wall with 6in pipe straight up. would it be fine to adapt the 3in pipe to vent rite out my 6in i have? any advice input would be great.

why not go to englanders web sight and down load the manuals. the 25's are rated at 2200 sq ft. yes you can use an adapter to go from the 3" to 6" ,per the manual.

The second stove you mentioned I think is a 10-CPM. That is a multi-fuel stove, and is a VERY nice unit.....much more up-to-date and modern compared to the 25PDV.

Status
Not open for further replies.