pellet stove vacume

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
And while Im at it, another question. What is good for vacuming the pellet stove? My friend had one and he said using a regular vacume let a lot of dust into the room. Is there a special vacume for pellet stove ash removal? Thanks again, Doug

I would never use a regular vacumn with a paper filter...any ember could cause it to ignite after you put it away. They sell special vacumns for wood/pellet stoves that are made of metal with a flexible metal hose. do a google search or check a stove/hearth store.

ash vacuum is really the right tool, here is a link tgo one we carry just to give you an idea, there are several out there i personally have one of these and it works very well, i tried the shop vac and bag thing , but the bag worked loose one time and dusted the whole room so i went and got the ash vac. im not saying "buy this one" you can if you wish , but its just an idea of what one looks like and such

here's the link http://www.englanderstoves.com/store/18-TR_Parts.html#175

Status
Not open for further replies.