Pellet stoves-Too many options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The P61 and P45 have the same body. The difference is the burn pots(you get two) and ability to burn grains etc in the P45. I live in corn country and if I hadn't already gotten 5 tons of pellets I would be filling the gravity box with corn at around 4 per bushel or less than 150 per ton.

I also believe the ignition system is different as well....as well as the controls.....

I also believe the ignition system is different as well....as well as the controls.....
Pressure igniter. Fuel knob indicates corn or pellets.

My house was built in 1970 needs new doors and windows but seems to be insulated well enough. Thanks for the PAH info. Hmm a PAH on each floor...still less $$ then one new Harman.

2 pellet stoves are always better than 1 ! ! !

I added a second stove over the summer just for backup and piece of mind!

Reactions: P38X2
2 pellet stoves are always better than 1 ! ! !

I added a second stove over the summer just for backup and piece of mind!
I agree. 2 of everything is good, especially stoves ;)

So I am narrowed down to a used Harman p68 or a "new" 55-trpah. What are some concerns/things to look for when buying used pellet stoves or is it even a good option?

So I am narrowed down to a used Harman p68 or a "new" 55-trpah. What are some concerns/things to look for when buying used pellet stoves or is it even a good option?

buying used is fine , but i'd want to see the stove running before i pulled out my wallet.

FWIW the P-68 is a solid unit from a great manufacturer if the stove is in good shape it should be a great find

Reactions: briansol
Status
Not open for further replies.