Pellet stoves with gasification?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnian

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 28, 2008
Limerick, Maine
Do any pellet stoves besides Paromax / Dell Point use gasification? I have a co-worker who has a Europa in about 2200 sq ft and keeps it toasty with about 3 tons per year. Seems very efficient to me, more so than I recall reading elsewhere.

~Jeff

I know Claude the owner/designer of Paromax. He takes a lot of pride in his product with good reason. I dont know if his product qualifies as gasification/secondary burn. I've seen it burn and there is no evidence of that.

I'll give Claude a call.

FyreBug said:
I know Claude the owner/designer of Paromax. He takes a lot of pride in his product with good reason. I dont know if his product qualifies as gasification/secondary burn. I've seen it burn and there is no evidence of that.

I'll give Claude a call.

Please let us know what he says.

The brochure mentions "gasification technology" several times, and explains what to me is gasification:

http://www.paromax.ca/images/files/Brochure_En.pdf

Screenshot2011-08-24at11953PM.png

Screenshot2011-08-24at12057PM.png

Screenshot2011-08-24at12130PM.png

I am still interested in whether any other manufacturers use similar technology.

Thanks ~ Jeff

Just spoke to Claude & although he dont want to share all his secrets he says it a 2 stage 'gasification' process. It involves introducing air (oxygen) to the fuel bed and took him a long time to develop.

He does make a good product.

Status
Not open for further replies.