pellets in southern ontario

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UdoraMatt

Oct 18, 2014
Udora, Ontario
Bought two tons of pellets in August, but may have to buy some more later on this winter.

I want a good premium pellet, that is Canadian made. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.gildalefarms.ca/fuel-pellets
What did you buy and what are you burning them in?

Hey skoal. I bought currans from home hardware. Seem very ashy and dirty. My burn pot clogs up with black ash every twelve hours or so. They seem to burn well when I start it up, go to bed, and wake up with it almost overflowing. Been cleaning it regularly too. Brand new to this, any insight would help.

Hey skoal. I bought currans from home hardware. Seem very ashy and dirty. My burn pot clogs up with black ash every twelve hours or so. They seem to burn well when I start it up, go to bed, and wake up with it almost overflowing. Been cleaning it regularly too. Brand new to this, any insight would help.

What kind of stove did you purchase?

I bought an enviro mini A

Congrats on the new stove. As erzeez77 stated, try different pellets and see what works best for your set-up. Read, reread your manual. Make sure you have surge protection, smoke detector, CO monitor and fire extinguisher in the stove room away from the stove ... protect your family and your investment.

Page 9 of the owner's manual suggest slide damper adjustments ... What kind of temps are you experiencing there? Lower burn rates can be difficult to adjust.

Do you have the external combustion blower option?

Go to Rona and pick up a couple of bags of GRANULCO. to try. If you can get them for less than $5 a bag it's well worth it, they burn hot with moderate ash!

Go to Rona and pick up a couple of bags of GRANULCO. to try. If you can get them for less than $5 a bag it's well worth it, they burn hot with moderate ash!

wow, less than $5 /bag, that is good. These currans are funny, it seems one bag burns great, put another one in there, them the ash happens. I will definitely do my research next year before I buy in bulk again.

Congrats on the new stove. As erzeez77 stated, try different pellets and see what works best for your set-up. Read, reread your manual. Make sure you have surge protection, smoke detector, CO monitor and fire extinguisher in the stove room away from the stove ... protect your family and your investment.

Page 9 of the owner's manual suggest slide damper adjustments ... What kind of temps are you experiencing there? Lower burn rates can be difficult to adjust.

Do you have the external combustion blower option?

right now, it is right around 0C at night. Thanks for the help, I have played around with the damper alot.

not sure about the external combustion blower option though, got it professionally installed by the local stove place.

Status
Not open for further replies.