Pellets Needed - What would you choose?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe B One925

Sep 19, 2014
Sturbridge, MA
Hey All,

Hope everyone is having a fine winter burning. I am running a bit low on pellets (30 bags or so remaining). I was looking to get another pallet of pellets.

My setup is a 25-PDVC, which is putting out good heat from my Okanogan Gold. I was hoping the Gold's were going to put out more heat that they are, but they do burn super clean!

The supplier I was looking at currently has 4 brands left in stock.

categoryID=88http://squierlumber.bravocart.com/viewCategories.cfm?categoryID=88

Would folks be able to chime in and let me know what they would get? I'm looking to get the lowest ash with the highest BTU.

Since this is my first year burning I'm still learning as I go, so I thought I'd see what the fine people of this forum think

Thanks!

If you check out the thread on opinions for pellets , I think it'll give you a pretty good idea .

It's worth the money to know they have them instead of the pellet hunt calling all around.. I had the green golds from there and I ran my stove half the speed.. Burned a lot less fule to keep the house warm

Fully recommend the blazers. Ran several bags through my pdvc and they were really hot and low ash. Whats the price on the blazers?

Oof. $345 seems pretty high....

I picked them up... I drive out there for work so I grabbed them while I was on the road.. When I go there the guy even helps me break down the pallet and load me up.. I have my 3500 work van so It takes the load easy

If your referring to purcell I was extremely disappointed with them. They are a Doug fir mix and whatever they are mixing them with makes them burn dirty. They leave huge clinkers I'm my burnpot after 2 bags, even after babysitting and scraping. North idaho energy logs make these. The energy logs super premium burn hotter and a lot cleaner. Hope you have better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.