pellets on long island

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw some at Home Depot in Farmingdale (Freedom Fuel - don't know anything about them). Bravo had AWF Hardwood last time we checked. Lowe's said they are getting deliveries this week (if they do or not I don't know).

Last week Bayshore Home Dopey had about 30 tons, mostly press-to-logs. I picked up some Freedom Fuel and it really wasn't as bad as I thought. Not the hottest, not the cleanest, minimal buildup in pot... Allers Lumber in Lindenhurst sometimes stocks some. Bravo has the white pine AWF, but pricey. I found these guys today, but haven't called yet: http://www.gtsbuilderssupply.com/?redirect=false

Not sure if they still have but the Lowes in Farmingdale has plenty a couple weeks ago, also Ace Hardware in Island Park had a half a pallet out front the other day, not sure what brand.

Was at Farmingdale Lowe's yesterday - no pellets. Employee said they are expected on Friday this week, but start calling on Wed to see if they are there as they sell very fast.

Bayshore Lowe's is supposedly expecting a delivery this week.

My store (big box) is getting deliveries pretty consistently right now where we aren't running out (upstate NY) but the deliveries aren't necessarily coming the day of the ETA on the computer, so calling is a good idea. There is no way for us to know when they're actually going to come because the mills ship them using their own contracted drivers. So when our P.O shows up on that drivers clipboard... that's when they bring em, lol.

Upstate, and I assume anywhere off the island gets exponentially more deliveries than here

It's going to depend on the store and the demand and availability. I work at the blue box, and every store in the company that sells pellets uses only 1 buyer who places the orders. If they're available and in demand, anywhere from 3-9 P.O's can get placed in one day, that's how it works at my store anyway. One day I'll look, zero incoming P.O's, the next day, 9, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.