Pellets on sale at Menards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to enter your zip to see a price.
3.69 here also.
are they any good?

actually, Menards always had the indeck energy brand. i just bought some more pellets and noticed a few odd bags of the pennywise mixed in. the guy at Menards said the indeck brand is
the old stuff and now they get the pennywise brand.

no i have not yet had a chance to use them. they are considered Premium so i would think they would burn fine.

Menards has them at $3.39 a bag in Cincinnati

I picked up a few bags of each last year from my local Menards, the Indeck pellets were horrible and wouldn't hardly burn for me. The Pennywise were pretty good but had a lot of fines in the bags, very dusty.

with quality pellets available at my dealer for about the same price or slightly more I just can't pull the trigger on big retailer pellets.

hate takin chances ya know?

ByCo said:
I picked up a few bags of each last year from my local Menards, the Indeck pellets were horrible and wouldn't hardly burn for me. The Pennywise were pretty good but had a lot of fines in the bags, very dusty.

huh? they seems to burn fine for me? but im pretty new to pellet stoves so maybe i just think there burning ok?

burning the pennywise pellets and they do seems to burn much better wish less ash

i;ve burned 6 ton of Indeck last year and thought they were good. No dust and consistant size 1/4 by 3/4 to inch .

i have noticed the indeck had a different smell to them that i liked a little better

Status
Not open for further replies.