pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
not all the same, there are hardwoods, softwoods and hard/softwood blends and then they can all vary, best thing you can do is buy as many different pellets as you can and see which ones work best for your application then once you find something your happy with you can buy in bulk if you want.Where abouts are you in Pa. maybe someone can point you in the direction of some of the known better pellets.Also what stove do you have because a stove with a lot of adjustabilty can usually be adjusted to burn just about any pellet hallf decent.

Reactions: Deezl Smoke
how far is peach bottom from you, Kingdom Bio Fuels has their own mill and good pellets,If your interested I can send you a link for 2 free trial bags of their pellets.

not all the same, there are hardwoods, softwoods and hard/softwood blends and then they can all vary, best thing you can do is buy as many different pellets as you can and see which ones work best for your application then once you find something your happy with you can buy in bulk if you want.Where abouts are you in Pa. maybe someone can point you in the direction of some of the known better pellets.Also what stove do you have because a stove with a lot of adjustabilty can usually be adjusted to burn just about any pellet hallf decent.

Ditto.

Reactions: rich2500
Is there a good brand pellet or are they all the same
That's a little like asking are all pizzas the same...
You can find so many different answers.
As a starting point, however, you can certainly go
by a brand that you see mentioned several times, by members .
Both good and bad.
We always try to have new customers try several brands before settling
on buying a few tons..
And location has a lot to do with... some brands just are not available everywhere.
You need to compare what you can get your hands on.
Many agree that if you are not just a price shopper,
that you can get better stuff from a smaller dealer.
Others are happy to burn what ever they can get their hands on.

So.... you need to look at what people think, of the brands you can get,
then buy 4-5 bags of the ones you think might work for you... and choose.

Dan

Reactions: rich2500
That's a little like asking are all pizzas the same...
You can find so many different answers.
As a starting point, however, you can certainly go
by a brand that you see mentioned several times, by members .
Both good and bad.
We always try to have new customers try several brands before settling
on buying a few tons..
And location has a lot to do with... some brands just are not available everywhere.
You need to compare what you can get your hands on.
Many agree that if you are not just a price shopper,
that you can get better stuff from a smaller dealer.
Others are happy to burn what ever they can get their hands on.

So.... you need to look at what people think, of the brands you can get,
then buy 4-5 bags of the ones you think might work for you... and choose.

Dan
Everyone has a different opinion of pellets..
when u see a post of " best pellets I ever burned" and under that " worst pellets I ever burned" many times it is the stove or lack of maint to it.
u HAVE TO TRY THEM YOURSELF A BAG HERE/THERE...don't go 100% by the postings..
I have a Harman freestanding which never met a pellet that it didn't like but,
I hate a mountain of ash so after a few years of trying it all I prefer Softwoods due to a mostly cleaner burning..
I stay away from most Box store pellets due to the abundant ash but that doesn't stop many others from buying them which is fine.
they all pretty much produce good heat unless you have your stove settings out of whack.or a dirty stove internaly...expirimenting is your best move.
use posts here as a guidline...>> Not sure how far away he is to you, but he carries a good lline of softwoods along with Turman, Hamer hot Hardwoods.. http://www.buckspellets.com/our-wood-pellets/

Status
Not open for further replies.