Pelletsales.com there skids are 1.2 tons?? Is this normal??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cristiansmom

Jul 17, 2008
Rhode Island
When I bought my pellets last year they were for a ton (not pelletsales.com) so I will get more pellets going with pelletsales .com than my other supplier??

Debi

They pack more on one pallet but you are still paying per ton
if you look at their web site.

this is done to get more on a truck, as you can't stack pallets of pellets during shipping.

I bought a 1.4 ton pallet of eagle valley this year, I paid for 1.4 tons too.

Blaschack Coal is 60 forty pound bags per a skid. It is not a ton and not billed that way. 2,000 lbs is a ton. Nothing is for free.

Eric

Ok then here's a wierd situation then...

Bought 6 tons of LG pellets from pelletsales.com 2 weeks ago. LG is sold in 1.5 ton per skid so I bought 4 skids = 6 tons. When the delivery truck arrived it was 6 skids - why?

Resale? I could tell that the shrink wrap on some skids was not original from the maunfacturer. I was actually looking forward to only having 4 skids in the garage, guess I'll have to restack for the space

Status
Not open for further replies.