Petrol @ 2.93, what are you paying, and please help w/ stove supports

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Smokey

Oct 3, 2011
Northern Colorado
My wife and I commute 5 days a week, about 80 miles round-trip each day, and the recent price of 2.93 a gallon of regular in northern Colorado has been much appreciated, especially in this holiday season. Add in our pellet stove and we are spending less this winter. I have to admit I was worried that our electric bill would skyrocket with the blowers on pretty much 24/7 but surprisingly when the electric bill came we are paying less than last year when we were using cord wood furnace heat and without all the work involved. We still plan to use cord wood when the temp drops below zero F but so far that hasn't been too often.

So I have to admit I really like my pellet stove. We're almost at the first ton mark and everything has been working great. This stove heats our main level and upstairs with no problem. I am still trying to figure out how to get some of the heated air down the stairs and into the walkout basement where there are some water pipes and the temp hovers around 40 F. I've been using an electric space heater but have been thinking about heat tape. Anyways, I've done the weekly cleaning religiously, but now that I'm approaching the first ton cleaning I'm a little anxious. I have a Harman Insert, but it is about 18 1/2 inches above floor level. Several members have commented on building a 2x4 support system instead of purchasing the high priced Harman track system and I would really like to do that. So, if there is anyone out there who could post some pics, or PM me w/ their plans including size and dimensions that would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much, Happy New Year!

Wow, less than $3 I haven't seen gas that low for awhile. We've dropped as low as $3.13, but just went up to $3.19 this past week.

Sorry, can't help you with your problem, but I'm also approaching my first ton. Good luck.

I live in CT and we love our taxes. We have gross receipts tax which means the tax on gasoline increases exponentially with the price of oil. I was VERY happy to be paying 3.53 in eastern CT this week. However, I was in NJ and they pumped the gas, washed my windows, checked my oil, and charged me 3.02/gallon.

As for the supports, I am of no use to you and I apologize.

As far as 2X4 support...I belive it was flyfrfun that had a picture...I tried to search for the thread, but came up empty! I bought the rails for mine...only $100.00 and easier to store/move IMO

nhredbird said:
Average around here was $3.17, Now $3.23

Who has it for $3.23??

Haffner's Oil is the cheapest I know and they are $3.55 or $3.45 for > 150 gallons today!!

See chart below

Attachments

• Haffners12-30-2011.jpg
    Haffners12-30-2011.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 177
Don I think they're talking about gasoline not HHO.
(First post mentions commuting mileage and such)

In my town the lowest I've seen was $3.13

Holy crap! PetroL? Haven't heard it called that in a long time. Everyone calls it gas these days.

Anyway, $3.45 is what I saw for prices today. Supposed to heading up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.