Piazzetta Monia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your reply. Yes I have been changing the settings and moving to the next programming line so they have stayed as set.

I cleaned behind the baffle and vacuumed under the plate where the fan is, I will run a brush through the chimney next. I wrote down all the settings of what they were and what I changed them to so I can look back if I have a problem again. The soot seems to have stopped since I changed the settings last night.

I run north country premium 100% softwood pellets, do they create more ash or something that would buildup on the vent sides faster? Should I go to a different softwood pellet for the next ton? There are only 3 carried in my area, the other 2 are LeCrete and platinum.

Yes I have the PDF for the Monia, it has been a great help. Thank you.
Black soot in the firebox typically implies an air issue, as in, not enough. Why? Dunno. Usually, I clean the heck out of the thing to get back to a pristine baseline and go from there. I would point out that it helps to make your setting changes on a pristine stove, because if you make your setting changes on a dirty stove, then clean it later, you may find your stove doesn't burn right, since it was setup for when the stove was dirty, if you know what I mean.

Yea, I was changing them prior to a deep clean to see if that was the issue, once it is all cleaned out ill go back and see how far off everything is to see if the dirty flue was the culprit. Although I'm not sure how dirty it could get from 25 bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.