Piazzetta Monia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is finally installed. They didn't know what a manometer was and there is no other installers in my area, so looks like I'll be getting one to set this baby up myself.

Any idea's on how to change the clock from 24hr to 12hr? Thanks.

Well it is finally installed. They didn't know what a manometer was and there is no other installers in my area, so looks like I'll be getting one to set this baby up myself.

Any idea's on how to change the clock from 24hr to 12hr? Thanks.
this is an européen stove an they always use 24 hr, also there is no am-pm on the display so till someone come with a super code that I dont know of, well I would say that its not possible to set time on 12h instead of 24. sorrrryyyy!

that the one I use if you dont have the inches of water it doesn't matter, there are also nice one that are digital they might be even more precise. if you use one of those dont forget to calibrate every time before using it, look at this one it is not, off +1Pa. I'll help you out if you need dont worry. dont loose my e-mail [email protected]
upload_2015-10-29_18-23-27.png

Ok. Well I guess you can't have everything. Thanks for the reply.
Seems to be burning pretty good, but I just ordered a manometer to hopefully dial in the settings a little better.

Oh, well we'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.

As I'm reading through things, I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. You would hook up the manometer and adjust the fan RPM until the pressure on the manometer matches the (pa) on the spread sheet. Correct?

Oh, well we'll give it a shot and see what I come up with.

As I'm reading through things, I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. You would hook up the manometer and adjust the fan RPM until the pressure on the manometer matches the (pa) on the spread sheet. Correct?
exactly but respecting a minor fine tuning update on Power level P1 and P2, cleaning grate time and interval, and the alarm time was increased. the numbers in red I guess you will have understand, that they are the one to use.

Yes. Thank you. I appreciate the recommendations that you have put together into the spreadsheet. It was very nice of you to put these out to the public.

Pascal, do you know how far of an extension you can put to the thermostat wire probe? I'm looking at approx 35 feet (10.5m) that I want to splice in. Would this mess with the workings of the thermostats probe? Thanks.

Pascal, do you know how far of an extension you can put to the thermostat wire probe? I'm looking at approx 35 feet (10.5m) that I want to splice in. Would this mess with the workings of the thermostats probe? Thanks.
I never went that far with the stove probe but I did put 90' on a thermometer an it did work so I think that 35' should do it.

So i have used a manometer and got the stove all dialed in. the lower powers were pretty dead on with the stock rpms but the higher powers needed to be up a little. So I am brand new to the hole world of pellet stoves and have an ash question. In the burn pot, cast iron pot with all the holes in the bottom, after I burn for about 24 hrs ish I vacuum everything out. Inside the burn pot in the front edge and over the front row of holes there is a compressed chunk of "ash"?? It is fairly easy to break and suck up but I am just wondering if this is normal or if I should be tweaking something else. thanks.

So i have used a manometer and got the stove all dialed in. the lower powers were pretty dead on with the stock rpms but the higher powers needed to be up a little. So I am brand new to the hole world of pellet stoves and have an ash question. In the burn pot, cast iron pot with all the holes in the bottom, after I burn for about 24 hrs ish I vacuum everything out. Inside the burn pot in the front edge and over the front row of holes there is a compressed chunk of "ash"?? It is fairly easy to break and suck up but I am just wondering if this is normal or if I should be tweaking something else. thanks.
its like a bread or a sponge built up, its so easy to fix, dont worry about this. Just make sure to adjust p03 and p12 just like the updated values in the pdf file. If you still have this problem let me know. careful in the columns the value are default values, read bellow to see what's the update. The updated values are in red with the comment I added.

Attachments

• Monia En.pdf
    621.8 KB · Views: 235
Sorry for the late reply, yes it is like loosely packed charcoal.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The setting were as you had suggested. I read the notation you had below them and lowered p3 to 35 and raised p12 to 30. I will try these values and see if it makes a difference. Thank you.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, yes it is like loosely packed charcoal.
View attachment 166507 View attachment 166508View attachment 166509
The setting were as you had suggested. I read the notation you had below them and lowered p3 to 35 and raised p12 to 30. I will try these values and see if it makes a difference. Thank you.
You're starting to bake a brownie, also known as a clinker. Pascal's settings may help a little, but that's pretty normal looking, and hardly worth worrying about. It's mostly due to the minerals in the wood pellets themselves. Try a different variety of pellet and you may get a different result.

Reactions: Pascal_Maertens
My Ravelli do that. I can usually run the thing for a week before the clinker build-up becomes too abundant.

Hey guys, the Monia has been running great up until recently. Past day or two it has been acting up, it has been burning and creating black soot on the sides and back. It seems to do it during start up and after it gets to the desired temp and throttles back from P3. Any ideas? I am going to check the manometer reading and make sure they match the settings right after I post this. I have put maybe 20-25 bags through it so far. I'll post my readings in about 30 mins.

Changed the phase I and II. Had to up both. I'm guessing once it heats up power 1-4 will need raised as well. Does any one know why this would happen out of the blue. I had been cold 27-35F and the past 2 days it hasn't been below 45F and mostly above 60F. I do have an OAK, could the difference in the temp of incoming air cause this change?

P1 & P2 needed major changes upward. P3 & P4 only went up 10 and down 30 respectively. Kinda weird.
just remember that when you make a change to a program for exemple at P19 you increase the rpm to 2150 the change will apply only when you change to program P18 or P20, if you let it go after a short period of time it will get out of programming menu so the value will go back to it's original without been change.

if your stove was setup properly with a manometer, the soot as noting to do with cold or hot air but it's a lack of air I will suggest looking at the back of the baffle if it need to be cleaned, in the end if no result, I would still look the chimney if also need to be cleaned.

Vince Have you downloaded the pdf file for your stove ? it's on my sticky post;

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/piazzetta-pellets-stove-a-to-z-recommendations.147362/
under;Programing the stove parameters

good luck

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. Yes I have been changing the settings and moving to the next programming line so they have stayed as set.

I cleaned behind the baffle and vacuumed under the plate where the fan is, I will run a brush through the chimney next. I wrote down all the settings of what they were and what I changed them to so I can look back if I have a problem again. The soot seems to have stopped since I changed the settings last night.

I run north country premium 100% softwood pellets, do they create more ash or something that would buildup on the vent sides faster? Should I go to a different softwood pellet for the next ton? There are only 3 carried in my area, the other 2 are LeCrete and platinum.

Yes I have the PDF for the Monia, it has been a great help. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.