Piazzetta Sveva smoke chamber screw replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PNW RN

Dec 14, 2021
Oregon
Piazzetta Sveva smoke chamber screw replacement
We are in our 4th season with a Piazzetta Sveva. It has not been burning well and I was doing a deep clean. The screw that holds the smoke chamber cover on is failing and I need a replacement ready. Does anyone know the type of screw I need for this? I included a picture. I put some penetrating oil in there but I’m pretty sure the screw won’t be functional once I get it out.

Really struggling to get an efficient burn this year. Have ordered a cheap manometer to start trying to diagnose the problems.

Do folks think a good clean of the smoke chamber could fix my problem?

Thanks?

View attachment 287745We are in our 4th season with a Piazzetta Sveva. It has not been burning well and I was doing a deep clean. The screw that holds the smoke chamber cover on is failing and I need a replacement ready. Does anyone know the type of screw I need for this? I included a picture. I put some penetrating oil in there but I’m pretty sure the screw won’t be functional once I get it out.

Really struggling to get an efficient burn this year. Have ordered a cheap manometer to start trying to diagnose the problems.

Do folks think a good clean of the smoke chamber could fix my problem?

Thanks?
6mm you can take it out with ... I dont know the name of that tool in English need to drill a hole first and then turn counter clock

81V1j8kOZtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: PNW RN
Thanks. Got the screw out. Problem now is it was so seized up it damaged the threads of the stove and I can’t get a new screw to thread in.

View attachment 287745We are in our 4th season with a Piazzetta Sveva. It has not been burning well and I was doing a deep clean. The screw that holds the smoke chamber cover on is failing and I need a replacement ready. Does anyone know the type of screw I need for this? I included a picture. I put some penetrating oil in there but I’m pretty sure the screw won’t be functional once I get it out.

Do folks think a good clean of the smoke chamber could fix my proble

Thanks. Got the screw out. Problem now is it was so seized up it damaged the threads of the stove and I can’t get a new screw to thread in.
you can also just put heat resistant liquid silicone, it is a mess to clean but it really does the job !

What would I do with the silicone?

Am worried I could do more damage trying to tap it.
tapping it is only going to take patience, because the access is very tight, but you will be glade you made it. silicone is more like if you can't do nothing about it, well you put silicone as a gasket replacement and bloc the screw hole as well.

Reactions: gfreek and Mt Bob
Does anyone know what size the screw to the smoke chamber cover is? Do they sell this part anywhere?
The screw to our smoke chamber cover no longer fits tight...it also looks different so I think the tech who did our annual cleaning last year must have lost it and put in a new one? It just slides through the hole and no longer creates the same tight seal. I have gone to the hardware store and purchased a full array of screws - none of them fit! They are either too wide or don't really "screw" in and instead just push in and feel loose i.e. I can lift the smoke chamber cover a bit and it's mostly just resting in place. I thought it would be an easy solve with a trip to the hardware store, but this has proven to be super frustrating. Is there another part on the underside that helps it fit securely that is missing suddenly? HELP! :)

Does anyone know what size the screw to the smoke chamber cover is? Do they sell this part anywhere?
The screw to our smoke chamber cover no longer fits tight...it also looks different so I think the tech who did our annual cleaning last year must have lost it and put in a new one? It just slides through the hole and no longer creates the same tight seal. I have gone to the hardware store and purchased a full array of screws - none of them fit! They are either too wide or don't really "screw" in and instead just push in and feel loose i.e. I can lift the smoke chamber cover a bit and it's mostly just resting in place. I thought it would be an easy solve with a trip to the hardware store, but this has proven to be super frustrating. Is there another part on the underside that helps it fit securely that is missing suddenly? HELP! :)
are the threads still good? it's 6mm send me your adresse I will ship you one at [email protected] you must say that you comme from Hearth.com or there will be fee's!

are the threads still good? it's 6mm send me your adresse I will ship you one at [email protected] you must say that you comme from Hearth.com or there will be fee's!
I think they threads are still good, the screw is suddenly a lot longer than I recall and doesn't really fit properly, so I really think the tech swapped it out and didn't mention it. I will send you an email with my address, thank you so much for sending me the screw!

Reactions: Pascal_Maertens