1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Picked up a new (to me) Lopi Pioneer

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by goathead, Sep 29, 2012.

1. goathead

goathead Member

Loc:
    Northern CT
    I've been looking for a small stove for my sunroom to run occasionally during the winter and hadn't really seen any good deals come up. I took a trip up to my usual Quad dealer to grab a ton of pellets and was talking to them about possibly getting a Sante Fe. Well, come to find out they deal some used stoves now as well so I saw this beauty and the price was right so...she found room for the ride home. :) Can't wait to hopefully get her installed next weekend and start enjoying the room longer!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tsmith

tsmith Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kutztown, PA
    congrats, Pics?
  3. Black7

Black7 Member

Loc:
    U.P. of MI
    I think I have one of those. It is a Lopi. Feb 25, 2008 016.jpg 010508 016.jpg

So far, so good with mine also. I can't keep the glass clean, but I used it for heat.
  4. jim3854

jim3854 Member

Loc:
    Rhode island
    I had a lopi pioneer I loved it. was a little to small for my house and I fell into a great deal on a bigger one. You will like it .
  5. goathead

goathead Member

Loc:
    Northern CT
    Thanks, I'll get some pics up next week when I install. It's still wrapped up right now, but I was pretty impressed with the way the dealer prepped it. Replaced all the gaskets, new convection blower, exhaust blower, and I believe repainted. Looks great and is very clean. Can't wait to get it fired up.
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Holy $#it Goathead!! A Castile, Classic Bay, and a Pioneer! ! Talk about some BTU's..!!!

Although I have 3 stoves too ;) I highly suggest everyone run at least 2 stoves. 3 is better. And 4 is Awesome :cool:
  7. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
  8. goathead

goathead Member

Loc:
    Northern CT
    LOL, hey I'm cold blooded. ;) I could sit in the lower level at 85 degrees with sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I will say, when I added the second stove I did reduce my pellet use by about 25% though and eliminated my use of electric all together which was awesome considering using electric in New England is just this side of heating with dollar bills. I had one month a few years back where the stove was down and almost stroked out when I got my electric bill. Froze my butt off and cost over two tons of pellets for the month _g
    DexterDay likes this.
  9. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH