Pics of my set up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shhh.....you forgot the pics.....

Can't figure out how to put pics on here. Everytime I try and upload an image, and preview, the website just keeps thinking about it and nothing changes. I'll keep farting around with it.

Check the image size - if its too big - it won't post.

Welcome to the site chief. Look at the sticky at the top of the forum and it will help you post pics. :)

Sorry everyone, hope this works.

Attachments

• DSCN1308.jpg
    DSCN1308.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,098
  • DSCN1309.jpg
    DSCN1309.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,104
  • DSCN1310.jpg
    DSCN1310.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,080
  • DSCN1311.jpg
    DSCN1311.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,084
  • DSCN1314.jpg
    DSCN1314.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,080
  • DSCN1315.jpg
    DSCN1315.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,080
  • DSCN1316.jpg
    DSCN1316.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,071
These pics were taken yesterday a beautiful sunny 40 degree day. Today a little system has moved in and it is currently snowing. Only half inch accumulation though. It is the most snow we have seen all year though and it can leave any time! Hope you enjoy your holiday season everyone! Lots of ash, basswood, elm and cherry.

Attachments

• DSCN1317.jpg
    DSCN1317.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,070
Nice, lots of good woood there

Sweet - nice amount of wood there. Do you season there and haul to your house, or is your house in back of the photo? Cheers!

Cut, haul, stack, buck, split, stack and season there, then haul it to the house in the early fall. Bush is approx, 1/4 mile from the house. leave the mess back at the bush and the face of it faces south so it gets all day sun and wind during the season.

Sweeeeet. Chief, we are used to seeing massive amounts of wood from the resident wood hoarder (zap) but you've sure have some good burning in those pics as well! :)

That's allot of fire wood.
If the wood is going to stay there very long, having some pallets under the stacks will help the bottom layer last and dry more.
Great fire wood for next season, the types you mentions should be ready.
Great pictures :)

Seems like a lot of firewood, but between myself and my parents I'm cutting for 5 stoves so that wood won't last long. I used pallets once before but found that I tripped more than I got anything accomplished so I quit using them. The bottom row might retain a little moisture but I haven't seen any real drastic effects yet.

thechief7373 said:
Sorry everyone, hope this works.

Nice work, what type of wood is it?

zap

Feel free to grunt like a caveman. You earned it.

Gabe

Hey chief, that looks great. Have you considered building yourself a dray for hauling the logs on? I built a cheap one for probably $10 or less and it works like a charm. Keeps the logs from getting dirt in the bark. Saw chains usually don't like dirt...

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey chief, that looks great. Have you considered building yourself a dray for hauling the logs on? I built a cheap one for probably $10 or less and it works like a charm. Keeps the logs from getting dirt in the bark. Saw chains usually don't like dirt...

BWS - could you post a picture of the dray again - would like to see it - thanks! Cheers!

Pics of this "dray" Dennis? You should know better! :)

NH_Wood said:
Backwoods Savage said:

BWS - could you post a picture of the dray again - would like to see it - thanks! Cheers!

Dray-1.jpg

Haulinglogs4.jpg

My goodness Dennis i am ripen that off big time good idea.

Pete

Thanks for the comments fellas. Just finished up stacking up all the wood into rows with the whole family, dad, wife and the 3 little monsters. I like that dray idea Sav, how does it work on unfrozen ground? I'm located between London and Lake Huron outside a little town called Ailsa Craig. We received about 3 inches of snow the past two days, but now it is raining cats and dogs and the snow is almost gone. :cheese:

Chief, the dray works well on unfrozen ground. Doesn't dig up the trails either. Of course the key there is to cut a slant at the front of the runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.