Picture of New Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunks

Oct 27, 2009
Ulster Cty, NY
Here is a picture of the inaugural fire of the new Scan 60 stove. It was in the low 40's yesterday morning. Just cold enough to light a fire for the picture.

Attachments

• P1150384.jpg
    P1150384.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,335
That looks great....lots of luck and happy burning.....i see your dog has found the right spot to relax!!!

Nice looking stove! huge view of the fire! hearth seems to be a little short in the front, but could be the way the pics portray it.

Pineburner said:
Nice looking stove! huge view of the fire! hearth seems to be a little short in the front, but could be the way the pics portray it.

You are the right. We have to extend the hearth a bit. Any suggestions?

It appears to be sitting on a slab of stone, any chance of getting matching/contrasting stone, cut into longer than wider "tiles" to lay along the hearth? nice straight lines to complement the lines on the new stove.

Great looking stove Gunks...going to research those!

Pineburner, I am in the process of deciding on new stove....you must like the liberties. I called the Lopi factory yesterday to see if the Liberty would operate on a 8" flue. That is what I have installed. I have been using a VC Dutchwest for the past 8 yrs. and needed a stove fix....lol. Had to try something new.

David

Gunks said:
Here is a picture of the inaugural fire of the new Scan 60 stove. It was in the low 40's yesterday morning. Just cold enough to light a fire for the picture.

Pretty cool how your avatar is the same, dog and all, except for the stove!!

tickbitty said:
Gunks said:

Good observation. Will change my avatar soon.

Gunks said:
tickbitty said:
Gunks said:

Good observation. Will change my avatar soon.

Beat me to it what kind of stove is that in your avatar? And the dog likes new stove as much as old. Nice job enjoy.

Beat me to it what kind of stove is that in your avatar? And the dog likes new stove as much as old. Nice job enjoy.

Thats got to be a Jotul.
I like your new stove, Im a fan of the comtemporary look, does it come in a bigger size?

wow, that looks really nice. and modern too. pete

Beautiful stove, nice clean lines. Be careful about those top baffle bricks, they rest on pins and the arrangement looks like it could be fragile with time.

That's a sharp looking stove :)

weatherguy said:

Thats got to be a Jotul.
I like your new stove, Im a fan of the comtemporary look, does it come in a bigger size?

The old stove in my avata is an old Jotul Combifire #1 (late 70's - early 80's model). The new stove is a Scan 60. The Scan Andersen 10 is a slightly bigger stove but has a different look.

Just got a Scan 60 myself. Not installed yet which leads me to a question. Do you have your stove pipe installed directly into the flu connector below the removable metal plate or is there a collar or adapter that connects to the flu outlet to bring it above the top of the stove? All the pics I've seen of the stove (in the Scan brochures, etc) show about a 2" protrusion above the top. Example here: http://www.thehotspot.co.uk/products/Scan_Stoves/Stoves/Scan_60.asp My stove didn't come with this and the dealer says there isn't one. My issue is that the stove pipe barely fits in the internal flu connector (yes, I've got 6" pipe and it's fully crimped). Dealer (Preston Trading Post - same as you) says that there shouldn't be any other part needed. Interested to hear how yours installed...

Thanks -

Mark

mtruman said:
Just got a Scan 60 myself. Not installed yet which leads me to a question. Do you have your stove pipe installed directly into the flu connector below the removable metal plate or is there a collar or adapter that connects to the flu outlet to bring it above the top of the stove? All the pics I've seen of the stove (in the Scan brochures, etc) show about a 2" protrusion above the top. Example here: http://www.thehotspot.co.uk/products/Scan_Stoves/Stoves/Scan_60.asp My stove didn't come with this and the dealer says there isn't one. My issue is that the stove pipe barely fits in the internal flu connector (yes, I've got 6" pipe and it's fully crimped). Dealer (Preston Trading Post - same as you) says that there shouldn't be any other part needed. Interested to hear how yours installed...

Thanks -

Mark

Congrats on the new stove.

We installed ours directly into the flu connector. There is no 2" protrusion. You are right that the stove pipe barely fits in the flu connector. We can only get half of the crimped portion of the 6" pipe into the connector. We've used the stove many times and so far there is no problem.
We installed it ourself, so can't tell you if a "professional" will do differently.

looks great! just wait till you get to turn down the air control and watch the secondary kick in on that stove. it is mesmerizing!

Gunks said:
mtruman said:

Thanks -

Mark

Congrats on the new stove.

We installed ours directly into the flu connector. There is no 2" protrusion. You are right that the stove pipe barely fits in the flu connector. We can only get half of the crimped portion of the 6" pipe into the connector. We've used the stove many times and so far there is no problem.
We installed it ourself, so can't tell you if a "professional" will do differently.

Looks great there. What stops the flue pipe from going deeper? Are there bolts in the way or is it a shallow cast rim?

Status
Not open for further replies.