Pillsbury stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildman_fab

Sep 16, 2009
Cape Cod
I have a chance to buy a Pillsbury stove that looks to be in good shape. I am unfamiliar with these stoves and cant find too much online about them. I have always had Tempwoods and Vermont Casting stoves before. Our hearth/fireplace is a funny shape and it looks like this will fit right in. Anybody heard of them before? good/bad/ugly? Its getting cold and I am going to need a larger stove quick as the little tempwood I bought last year didnt quite do the job.

3n83m23lc5O05Q05R899b4ac898e80cbd1c.jpg

3nd3k53pd5Pa5S15Rc99bcb3882aa513b11.jpg

Not much to tell. Just another dirty burning steel stove welded together in the late 70's and early 80's by hundreds of shops that all quit doing it in 1988 when the EPA emissions regulations came into being. Wood hogs that smoke a lot.

You have experience with them. It won't be any better or any worse.

Can you show a picture of the insides? Does the stove have a baffle above the main firebox? Looks like it might have a basic secondary air port for this,

Status
Not open for further replies.