Pineapple Express

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynnergy

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
Coast, BC
Bit damp out today - winds not too bad last night. Some normal weather, finally!

6e3ety2e.jpg

100mm (6") of rain forecast over this weekend - this is why I tarped my stacks (no woodshed yet).

32 here In New Hampshire. Pouring rain, thunder and lightening everything is covered in ice. I'd much rather be getting snow. Big mess.

My deck furniture was dancing last night.

Blew the cover off of the Weber here. First time that's happened.

Deckarana?

Gone with the wind. Or in BB's case, Gone with the mud.

Out my way we got some freezing rain lastnight which has since turned to rain. My snowpacked driveway has converted to an ice launch system for 2 legged uprights. Lastnight I could run and slide, standing up, 40-50 feet. I think the coefficient of friction is the lowest I have ever seen. It can't be much higher than 0.0001! In fact it reminds me of when a zamboni floods a rink.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
We went out for cocktails in the afternoon to watch the first game. Was the first time I fell down and ended up crawling part way on my way IN to the bar!

Pic is of my skating rink, driveway, dual purpose area.

The river in town. At flood stage but receding.

Attachments

• 20140112_092246.jpg
    20140112_092246.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 114
  • 20140112_104837.jpg
    20140112_104837.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.