pix of stove and hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
firefighterjake said:
Beautiful stove.
Fantastic hearth.
Great location.
Nice home.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Wow--thanks!

I took a lot of flak for the install from a local critic, so the words of support I got on this site mean a lot to me.

"Pattern Language" is a thought provoker. I bought it before we retired and it helped me get good value from our retirement home investment. We have been in the house 20 years and it is very comfortable and functional. Implementing the ideas presented in "Pattern Language" did not cost much because we were building from scratch.

Bumping for the newbie. Also missed Blizzard's question earlier--my place is in the hills south of Fairbanks, AK.

And once again Snowleopard, I have to say it is a beautiful place you have and I can imagine hugging that stove after working or playing outdoors in the cold. It has to be wonderful for sure.

We restored this old house based on the pattern language. With a nice view to the north, yuppies had installed gigantic, plate glass "picture" windows on the north side. They would look better on a McDonalds than in an old house. Adding to bad design, you couldn't open them to catch the natural steady breeze off the water. Now they have been replaced with divided lite windows, that open on the sides. It has made a huge difference in the character of the house. And in true pattern language form, the picture windows are now the south wall of the greenhouse, serving a far better use and looking like they belong there.

You have a beautiful home in a peaceful setting; the peace of the woods-trees are my friends! :) AND a beauty stove too!

Status
Not open for further replies.