Platinum Fire pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Branson4720

Burning Hunk
These are next on the testing list.....I'll post results later. :roll: Thanks Steve at LP!

Attachments

• DSC_7089 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7089 (Custom).jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 470
  • DSC_7105 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7105 (Custom).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 445
Because they are bagged in Upton, They had very little fines. I liked them as they were above average in my stove.

Anticipating your burning results! ;-)

Branson4720 said:
These are next on the testing list.....I'll post results later. :roll: Thanks Steve at LP!

You have a beautiful stove!
I like the floor too...

Pelletfisky said:
Branson4720 said:

You have a beautiful stove!
I like the floor too...

Thanks alot! :) my wife and I installed the floor years ago.....4'' White oak from a local mill finished with 4 coats of satin waterborne Poly.

Guys,

I am eagerly awaiting your testing results.
June at J&S in Berkley, Ma. has (or had) them in stock
She is getting $260 a ton for them.

Their website says they are "Super Premium"
http://www.confluenceenergy.com/pellet-product.html

Good price if they are a high performer.

---Nailer---

j-takeman said:
Because they are bagged in Upton, They had very little fines. I liked them as they were above average in my stove.

Anticipating your burning results! ;-)
Just poured first bag in hopper......NO dust cloud and almost ZERO fines! :) Nice ''Ponderosa Beetle-killed Piney scent" too :lol:

Attachments

• DSC_7123 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_7123 (Custom).jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 368
nailed_nailer said:
Guys,

---Nailer---

I did my test last fall. Easily above average IMHO. But I could use a tick more heat. Ash weight was super premium, But the volume was about average. Looks like a lot of ash, But it's very light and fluffy.

http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/Takeman-Reviews/Platinum-Fire-Wood-pellets.html

Thanks Jay,

But, Didn't I read somewhere there is a difference with what you tested last season and the current delivered (bagged) Platinum Fires?

Or, am I getting my reviews mixed up LOL

---Nailer---

nailed_nailer said:
Thanks Jay,

But, Didn't I read somewhere there is a difference with what you tested last season and the current delivered (bagged) Platinum Fires?

Or, am I getting my reviews mixed up LOL

---Nailer---

These were pickup in September and are the Stuff bagged at the Upton Ma. Plant. Should be very close to what you'll see IMHO.

Branson4720 said:

Does Steve have these available or are the ones he has already spoken for??

1Dtml said:
Branson4720 said:

Does Steve have these available or are the ones he has already spoken for??
I'm not completely sure......give him a call and ask.....nice guy, if he can hook you up he will! ;-)

He does however have 4 tons of Somersets available for purchase right now.....I recommend them STRONGLY!! :cheese:

Thanks Branson, but I've already got 2.5 tons of Somersets left from Steve, and I would highly recommend them as well. ;-)

Always looking to try something new.

1D

Platinum Fire seem to look and burn about the same as the Rocky Mountain. I guess this makes sense as they are both from beetle killed pine trees. I too would like a little more heat. A very good pellet none-the-less.

j-takeman said:
nailed_nailer said:
Guys,

---Nailer---

I did my test last fall. Easily above average IMHO. But I could use a tick more heat. Ash weight was super premium, But the volume was about average. Looks like a lot of ash, But it's very light and fluffy.

http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/Takeman-Reviews/Platinum-Fire-Wood-pellets.html

As usual, Jay's results are pretty spot-on! :) Higher ash, but very fluffy and non-burnpot congesting. The heat was OK....could've been more. All in all......a pretty good pellet. :) But wow, they smell real nice. :p And oh......real strong bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.