Please help identify?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SSBully

Jan 26, 2016
NC
1698626414957.jpeg
Looking for any information or details on this wood stove, I believe it is from the late 1950’s to early 1960’s at the oldest, possibly newer. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am interested in installing it in my home as a secondary/emergency heat source; it has a 6” exhaust.

Central NC

Last edited:
I know this reply is a little late but we might not be able to identify this stove but it Is basic to most wood stoves during this time. Do you have questions about how to install and clearances? If you can be more specific I am sure you will get some responses to better help you.

Reactions: SSBully
I know this reply is a little late but we might not be able to identify this stove but it Is basic to most wood stoves during this time. Do you have questions about how to install and clearances? If you can be more specific I am sure you will get some responses to better help you.
Thanks for your reply, I actually just removed a 6” pathway through the damper with a grinder for a new stainless steel liner I just ordered from Northline Express.

I would appreciate any advice if someone has experience especially with installing the chimney cap on my 12x12 terracotta. As the top plate I ordered is 16x16; do I trim the excess or bend the metal downwards? I was thinking of using a couple small screws and high temp silicone to facilitate installation? Any feedback is much appreciated.

IMG_1547.jpeg

it sounds like you are heading in a good direction with the attachment. I have never drilled into terracotta before but would use a very small cement drill bit and and special screws for cement like Tapcon. My fear would be cracking it. You need to have access to the liner for cleaning. With the stove you are using you will need to clean the stainless steel liner often. The wood stove you are using seems to be a none EPA rated wood stove. It would not hurt to check with your insurance company before using it. Then there are other issues with the clearances on how far this wood Stove needs to be from the walls etc.

Use small screws, they are mostly to hold the cap in place while the silicone sets up. Use a fat bead of a good adhesive silicone like GE Silicone II. Screw down gently until there is a good ooze underneath and let it setup for 24 hrs.