Please Help Upland Am 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Durrett 83

Dec 15, 2016
Fredericksburg
I recently purchased a upland Am 40 I replaced a pellet stove I have had no luck finding and information on the stove. It is a catalitic stove and I have no experience with them. I am hoping someone has a owners manual they could send me. I have contacted Nu-Tec who have sold to us stove who do not have any info on my stove.

Attachments

• VZM.IMG_20161211_121700.jpg
    VZM.IMG_20161211_121700.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 759
  • VZM.IMG_20161211_094240.jpg
    VZM.IMG_20161211_094240.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 399
  • Screenshot_2016-12-11-10-21-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-12-11-10-21-51.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 310
I got it hooked up and the handle that opens the flu was broken. not that big of a deal I just fabricated a new one. It ran us out of the house it was so hot. Temperature is hard to regulate still messing around with the settings I'm thinking about adding a damper in the flu pipe but not sure if I can with the catalitic stove. Any suggestions

Check for air leaks around the door gaskets by doing the dollar bill test.

I just heard from a very helpful gentleman at Reading Stove Company. He didn't have access to the AM-40 manual, but had this to say about its coal burning twin:

"We purchased the cs45 bodies from NuTec and modified them to create the Mahantongo. NuTec maintained the designs of the stoves and we never saw or had access to any information regarding the AM 40 wood burning stove.

To be quite honest, the Mahantongo was not available for very long due to consistency issues with the draft/air flow in the stove bodies. A decision was made to discontinue this stove due to the erratic quality of the draft system in the stove bodies received. The manual is still available as support to customers who purchased the stove during the short time it was offered. Some stove bodies are still stored in our shop as it was decided that it would not be good business to sell them given the issues with the last shipment described above."

No Stove Bandits in this installment of the story. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.