Please help...well water problems!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A reverse osmosis system that can be installed below your sink will take out a lot of contaminates and nitrates in your water. I have one installed and a line tapped going to the ice maker as well from the R/O unit. R/O water filtration is what most bottled water companies use. Actually I have 2 units and one with a 35 gallon tank for my aquariums use. 5 gallon tank for human consumption with a faucet on top of the sink. You will use more water through this type of system as it flushes out the impurities in the water down the drain. I also had to have a water softer and used the salt labeled for iron elimination use. It won't get rid of it all but does a decent job. The R/O unit though does plus make your water neutral as it is not too acidic or alkaline. Very good for kitchen and drinking use as it doesn't scale up coffee makers or water lines to fridge. Worth the investment.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RO systems are very effective. They are a last resort treatment system when you have something particularly hard to remove like excess fluoride or arsenic. Relatively slow to work and expensive though. Far too big of a gun to deal with iron, there are much simpler ways.

A reverse osmosis system that can be installed below your sink will take out a lot of contaminates and nitrates in your water. I have one installed and a line tapped going to the ice maker as well from the R/O unit. R/O water filtration is what most bottled water companies use. Actually I have 2 units and one with a 35 gallon tank for my aquariums use. 5 gallon tank for human consumption with a faucet on top of the sink. You will use more water through this type of system as it flushes out the impurities in the water down the drain. I also had to have a water softer and used the salt labeled for iron elimination use. It won't get rid of it all but does a decent job. The R/O unit though does plus make your water neutral as it is not too acidic or alkaline. Very good for kitchen and drinking use as it doesn't scale up coffee makers or water lines to fridge. Worth the investment.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
We have problems every summer once the rain gets few and far between.
The softeners I was quoted for the house were to expensive for us. However a nice lady had a 5 gallon RO drinking water system. It has been great, water is crystal clear, and taste great. They certainly worth the price.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Agree...just have multiple places test the water and see if the results are consistent. Gotta keep them honest.

You would be well served to have somebody test your water that is NOT trying to sell you a water treatment system. Pool places are pretty good and free, otherwise it can be like 50$ at a lab.

Reactions: sportbikerider78
Status
Not open for further replies.