please id this

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mroverkill

Feeling the Heat
Aug 10, 2010
Northern nj
overkillauto.com
its a few blocks away from my job owner said i could have what i can haul away before the tree company chips it away

its clean and not rotted

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 235
Mroverkill said:
its a few blocks away from my job owner said i could have what i can haul away before the tree company chips it away

its clean and not rotted

Looks like sugar maple.

zap

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 209
It looks like silver maple to me. (I cut alot of it)

i was thinking maple hey i was close yea there is a BUNCH so in the am after i pick up my NEW saw (great way to break it in hey) im gonna load up as much as i can

hey my job is 1/2 mile away i might load it up drop it at work and take some home everyday lol

i was thinking maple hey i was close yea there is a BUNCH so in the am after i pick up my NEW saw (great way to break it in hey) im gonna load up as much as i can

hey my job is 1/2 mile away i might load it up drop it at work and take some home everyday lol!!

Judging from the bark it looks more like White Oak than Sugar Maple, in my opinion. The wood looks a little too light in color for oak, maybe, but that can be hard to judge from a picture on the internet. I don't see the rays in the cut that oak should have, but that too can be hard to see on a picture. I'm going with White Oak. It is a lot easier to identify wood in person. White Oak, Sugar Maple, can't go wrong either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.