Poor stove blaze king

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have guessed much older on the Mansfield too but found this 2012 video with the same feet, ash lip and collar so maybe it is legit? What look to be cracks in the side and top stones could be just quarts veins? I bought a new 8021 Heritage from a shop this spring with a build date of 1/2011 so there are older new stoves out there too! Mine was completely crated in plastic with all docks but years old new. Also one of the back stones has one of those veins. The tag should be tucked in between the frame and a lower back stone.

If it's only a couple years old do they still have the sales receipt and manual? Both will have dates.

I sold mine for $1,000. It was about 10 years old. For what it's worth

How so? I note the duck feet but that change was just a couple years ago.

Is that a cracked stone on the bottom middle side?
The feet, the flue collar, the door, the missing tags, but primarily the color of the stone. It's been several years since I've seen a manny with that color of stone.
And ya, that's a crack. Mine had a cracked stone in the same location.

If you can verify the service date, then you need to put your eyeballs on it. Maybe ask for the dealer info to check on history? Check the baffle above the tubes. That is just a $100 ish repair but it should be noted. If all checks out, seems to be a fair price and anything less would be pretty good. If real cracks, forget it.

For the record, a cracked stone is not a deal killer. According to Hearthstone, a crack is ok as long as you cannot shine light through it. I service a bunch of Hearthstones each year and most of them have a cracked stone somewhere on the stove. Typically lower side or back.

For the record, a cracked stone is not a deal killer. According to Hearthstone, a crack is ok as long as you cannot shine light through it. I service a bunch of Hearthstones each year and most of them have a cracked stone somewhere on the stove. Typically lower side or back.
Thanks, that is very good to know. Now I will not freak out if I crack one:)

Status
Not open for further replies.