Post work scrounge - Inspired by Bogydave

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hills Hoard

Minister of Fire
Mar 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Feeling down after seeing bogydaves 2014/2015 wood pile (which looks brilliant), i vowed this afternoon to pull my finger out and start collecting more wood.....the wood gods delivered this afternoon and dumped a pile of rounds next door to my work so i stopped and loaded up on the way home...not sure what it is but its heavy and looks half decent... will get some more tomorrow...the bark looks greener in the photos than in real life too..

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
Its obviously downunder wood!

Looks like what we would call pin oak around here, not sure what's down there. Plus, you must be hell for stout if you was able to pick up those rounds.^5s.......would love a trip to australia someday.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Nice work! I oftentimes find motivation from the forum to get crackin' as well.

Almost positive that's an oak. Not sure where you are as the tapatalk app do sent show locals on the screen but round here that would be water or willow oak bark. Possibly northern red or Southerners BUT the size of the tree it would be more furrowed so I should not of even brought this up. Point on the red oak was. That smaller. Ones and tops are smooth bark but those big rounds would be more furrowed if so.

Almost positive that's an oak. Not sure where you are as the tapatalk app do sent show locals
He's in Australia, so who knows (in the US) what it could be. Agreed though, it does look like it could be a type of Oak.
HH, you need to pick up some kind of ID book for trees in your locale; It would be very interesting to see some new types of wood that we don't have here. :cool:

Australian downunder oak.

Like I said could not see where he was from. Yea its not the species I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.