Power flickers today...hoping stove does not suffer any electronic damage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I JUST got power back. 4 days. sucked. my generator wasn't strong enough to run my stove. Would start it up, but it kept tripping it on start to run cycle change over. Ever 5 min i had to reset it to try to get any heat. ugh.

it's been a rough 4 days and i'm glad its over for me.... but for so many, it's not. over 600,000 still without power in CT alone.

geek said:
imacman said:
Geek, I hope I'm not reading in this thread that you don't have your stove on a surge protector.....that can't be right, can it???? :shut:

I have a surge protector but it is a small one i bought at radio shack. It is time to get something more serious..... :bug:

IMO, get one of these....very nice unit with good specs (this is the one I have, and a lot of others on the forum have it too):

www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-ULTRABLOK...1D/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1320206059&sr=8-13

Status
Not open for further replies.