Power Outage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjwme

Aug 19, 2008
northern maine
The other day i experienced a power outage and my new yorker wc 90 was loaded with wood. Luckily i was close to home and I was able to pull most of the wod out. The boiler got up to about 260 degrees and it was making alot of noise but it never blew off. My automag opened the zone valve i have setup for this and helped a little. My main question or worry is ever since this happened my boiler is not heating the house lke it used to. It seems like it has to work real hard to get the house up to 72 but before it ws no probelm. i thought there might be air in the system so i purged all my zones but it didnt seem to help. I was thinking maybe the problem was between the two boilers. my wc-90 is an add on to my oil furnance and there is a circulator that is inline between the two boilers that kicks on when the wc-90 gets the water temp to 180 then shuts off at about 165, basically heating the oil boiler then the rest of the system. I am not sure how i can purge the the water between the two boilers, i know how to do all the zones but wasnt sure about between the boilers. Could there be air between the boilers after the water temp got so high when the power was out and maybe it is not working efficiently? If so what would be the best way to purge wo boilers in series? Sorry it is so long and thanks for the help

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.