PP130 will not auto start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Aequus3710

Mar 2, 2024
Port Orchard, WA
It will force start and run through the cycle until it reaches the set level, then shut down as normal. Then it will go to stone cold without so much as a whimper, merrily blinking green like everything is marvelous in the world. The manual tells me that it will automatically start when it falls below the set temperature range. -But what if it doesn't?

Well if it does not start you are left in the cold
until such time you do not seem to have a problem!
Welcome to the forum
Is the stove connected to a thermostat?
If it is, turn up the heat so that the stove gets a call for heat
and it should start

Turning up the temp does not trigger a startup. For that I have to turn the control knob to OFF, wait for ~10 seconds, then turn it back up. That's the "force start" part. I'm interested in the trigger sequence for an Auto start because the alternative is... inconvenient. -And leaving it run on low is just not practical.

If this like my PP130, the stems sensor is located in the back where it pulls room air in. This isn’t always the best location.

I would making sure it’s clean and plugged in well. Sounds like the sensor is never calling for heat.

Here is the service manual I found for mine.

Attachments

• PP130TechnicalManual.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 27
Thank you for the TM! I only had the basic one. This has more useful information than I've been able to find. I now have an idea of how auto-startup actually works and what to look for when it doesn't. Funny thing. After two weeks of not doing an auto-start at all, it did it twice today and I haven't done anything but feed it. Still not within the range it used to. It's within +/- 4 degrees F now rather than +/- 2. But I can work with that!