pp38 upgrade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

twobanger

Dec 5, 2020
NY
I 'm new here, hello. I have a pp38 that is showing it's age and I would like to upgrade. I see upgrade kits to the newer three knob units but I would LOVE to also do self ignition. Can somebody steer me towards a complete kit and video to do this?

I would think you have to get a different burn pot, p43 board, not sure of what else. Recall someone here did it. I did the 3 knob board upgrade few years ago and wish I had done it sooner..

Reactions: Ssyko

Reactions: Ssyko
Is your circuit board currently flush mounted on the side of the hopper or is it counter sunk in? If it is flush mount, the hole needs opened up with snips and I cut the ell bend off the new Plate and screwed it into place. If your board is set in the plate should fit right up.

Cost is roughly $800 in parts to convert it but well worth it in my opinion.