Pre Install Questions?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
Here is my new (used) insert. Regency R14. Hardly used. Got it for a great price. Questions:

1. Want to paint Gold plated door what should I use to scuff up...sandpaper or steelwool?

2. Blowers are manual...can't find any type of switch....can I modify them to make them automatic?

3. There was what the seller called a "fire blanket" (bat of insulation like material) on top of baffle. Do I need to replace this or should I not use?

4. See pic. How should I attach liner to insert with this type of collar? I dont see any place to put brackets to secure liner.

Thx 4 all the help

Attachments

• ATT00001[1].JPG
    ATT00001[1].JPG
    31 KB · Views: 224
  • ATT00001[2].JPG
    ATT00001[2].JPG
    36 KB · Views: 219
I think I would try painting just how it is without scuffing it up. Just in case you decide you like it with the gold better or decide to sell it to somebody who does.

There are thermostatic switches and timers. I'm not sure how accurate they will be due to placement. On this, I don't know how long they will last due to placement. Heat can be a bi*tch.

Reuse the blanket. You need it for the stove to run as it was made to. It reflects heat down to the secondary combustion area so your insert burns clean.

Sorry, no answer for the last one. Pointy end down and 3 screws for stand alones...

Matt

Answer to #3: Yes. You need this insulation. If you can re-use it, do so . . . if not, replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.