Price check please - Forever Flex Liner Installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MountainStoveGuy said:
all masonry chimneys need insulation to bring them up to code. if you think otherwise check out this thread https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/32931/.

insulation is required for UL1777, and for good reason. The price seems ballpark to me consider thats about a grand worth of material, $400 worth on insulation, and then labor.

Thanks for your input. I respect your opinion, but you seem to be in the minority. How do you get to a grand of material, not including the insulation?

The entire liner kit and installation for a 30' chimney installed from a pro should be in that ball park. So online pricing is about $600 for the liner, $400 for the wrap, $120 for the mesh kit, hose clamps, and super 77. Labor from most shops is going to be in the $500 range, on a 30' chimney it should be more like the $700 range. I dont know, minority or not, i still think that would be ball park for that huge chimney. Actually i think it would go $200 in either direction depending on who you call. A lot of people post what they paid for liner here, and thats just the liner they bought off the net and installed it them selves. Humping a 30' liner to the top of that chimney is going to be a nightmare, not to mention pulling it. I dont think you have a DIY project on your hands.

Got my 6" x 25' liner from Chimneylinerinc for under $500, including cap and misc - but with NO insulation. I did the Duraliner for the other stove myself for less than $1000 and would do it again. I would just make sure you do not get hosed on labor costs...

MountainStoveGuy said:
The entire liner kit and installation for a 30' chimney installed from a pro should be in that ball park. So online pricing is about $600 for the liner, $400 for the wrap, $120 for the mesh kit, hose clamps, and super 77. Labor from most shops is going to be in the $500 range, on a 30' chimney it should be more like the $700 range. I dont know, minority or not, i still think that would be ball park for that huge chimney. Actually i think it would go $200 in either direction depending on who you call. A lot of people post what they paid for liner here, and thats just the liner they bought off the net and installed it them selves. Humping a 30' liner to the top of that chimney is going to be a nightmare, not to mention pulling it. I dont think you have a DIY project on your hands.

MSG - thanks for your analysis, makes sense to me. What's nice about the guy who gave me the quote is that he comes with a good reference. I have gotten hosed way too many times in the few years I have been a home owner. I'm going to get at least one more quote from a certified sweep. If I can't burn until November that's fine with me. Got a neighbor who recently had one installed and when I see her again I'm going to get the guy's #.

Get three estimates if you have time. and make sure they all include the same stuff. Liner, insulation, mesh, installation. If any of the components are left off it will throw of your comparison shopping. Good luck and let us know!

I just had my quote done last week.

$995 for 25' stainless steel liner (w/ cap) and full insulation
$500 labor for liner and installing the 4100i

Been meaning to give the verdict for a couple of weeks. Had the job done for $935, no insulation. Career fire-fighter said the reading of the code for insulation can go either way; he recommended against it due to the interior nature of the chimney. ForeverFlex, 25', took the guy just a couple of hours to do it. The stove burns MUCH better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.