Prices!! Wow!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kodadog

Jan 20, 2024
Cattaraugus County, NY
I got quotes today from a local BK dealer on 4 different 3.0 models, Lowest was Princes at 5200(without tax) with fan and ash pan. The others approached 6K with fan kits and ash pan. I was thinking about it.

Yes, it's expensive.
All stove prices have gone up a lot though, after the pandemic.

High prices on anything and everything shouldn't come as a surprise these days, unless you believe what some tell you about the economy and inflation.

Reactions: all night moe
Good thing you're not in the market for a decent used truck.
By the stove you are considering now...... prices are not going back down.

I just ordered the Ideal Steel yesterday. Over 2k less than BK and looks good. My wife liked picking out the colors and graphics.
The IS is a great stove. Closest you can get to a BK. Be careful of the goofy old fashioned hearth insulation value requirement.

In 2000 I paid $34,000 for my brand new F350. My truck is in fantastic condition and my neighbor offered me $34,000 for the truck with 225,000 miles on it. 7.3 with 6 speed manual and long bed.

Then I went and looked at a new F350 for $120,000.00 ZERO chance I am buying or selling!

BKVP

In 2000 I paid $34,000 for my brand new F350. My truck is in fantastic condition and my neighbor offered me $34,000 for the truck with 225,000 miles on it. 7.3 with 6 speed manual and long bed.

Then I went and looked at a new F350 for $120,000.00 ZERO chance I am buying or selling!

BKVP
I wish we weren't in the rust belt here or I'd still have my 12 valve Cummins. Even with woolwax/fluid film undercoating twice a year the truck just slowly got eaten away. Took a lot longer but still..... I had over 400k miles on it and still ran strong no blow by.

Reactions: BKVP