Problem with Quadafire 1100-1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coloradobound

Jan 15, 2009
Colorado
Hi, I just bought a house with a Pellet Stove. I've been using it for about a month now periodically. I just cleaned it & now it doesn't ignite. I turn it on & the pellets will feed & I can hear it going but there is no fire. The noise turns off after about 10 minutes. The troubleshooter at http://www.quadrafire.com/downloads/installManuals/man_1100.pdf but I don't know where to find the igniter.

Any help that you can give me, I would appreciate it. I don't want to spend $85 on something I can fix myself.

Check the bottom of the firepot there should be a slot where the ignitor air comes in. It could be blocked. On current models the ignitor is inside the ash drawer mounted to the front of the firepot. I have never seen an 1100 in person so excuse me if I am useless :)

ignitor on 1100i is basically in the same place as 1200i, Castile ins, etc. It is mounted to the outside of the burnpot, visible and accessable behind the ash pan door.
Pretty easy to tell if it is bad or good. During startup if it glows red it is good.

coloradobound said:
Hi, I just bought a house with a Pellet Stove. I've been using it for about a month now periodically. I just cleaned it & now it doesn't ignite. I turn it on & the pellets will feed & I can hear it going but there is no fire. The noise turns off after about 10 minutes. The troubleshooter at http://www.quadrafire.com/downloads/installManuals/man_1100.pdf but I don't know where to find the igniter.

Any help that you can give me, I would appreciate it. I don't want to spend $85 on something I can fix myself.

I suspect that you may have a clinker blocking the igniter at the bottom of the burn pot. You need to put your hand down there and make sure the slot is not obstructed when the stove is cold. If not the wires might have fallen off the igniter or the igniter is defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.