Problems with saw.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for all the helpful advise.

.[/quote]

According to my Swedish brother-in-law, these saws were manufactured in the "old country" and the manufacturer made the starting cord an option, and the people from that time era just could not seeing paying out good money for something that should have been standard equipment. So in short, if you find one with a starting cord they work quite good!!!!!

hobbyheater said:
Thank you for all the helpful advise.

According to my Swedish brother-in-law, these saws were manufactured in the "old country" and the manufacturer made the starting cord an option, and the people from that time era just could not seeing paying out good money for something that should have been standard equipment. So in short, if you find one with a starting cord they work quite good!!!!![/quote]

Well being half Swedish myself, I woudl reckon that it was the Norweigens you are refering to. That lot is always off the mark a little bit.

HeatsTwice said:
Well being half Swedish myself, I woudl reckon that it was the Norweigens you are refering to. That lot is always off the mark a little bit.
Ja, Hallo... One did a lot of pulling with one of those Swede saws but it was no starter rope. Unlike that Norwegian saw, Swede saws cut in both directions.

Google for Swede saw and you get lots of hits with actual saws pictured. Google for Norwegian Saw and you'll be lucky to see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.