QF 3000 questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leah

Nov 9, 2014
WA
I have an aladdin quadra fire 3000 stove and I cannot get the secondary tube off. I cannot get the baffle plate out either. Anyone know how or if I can do either?

Not sure about this stove but look under the secondary tube for an allen bolt head. If you see one that is the retaining bolt. Lubricate with penetrating oil and let that soak for a few hours or overnight. Then remove. They used to use 3/16" allen bolts. Not sure with this stove though.

Why are you trying to remove these parts? Is the baffle damaged?

Not sure about this stove but look under the secondary tube for an allen bolt head. If you see one that is the retaining bolt. Lubricate with penetrating oil and let that soak for a few hours or overnight. Then remove. They used to use 3/16" allen bolts. Not sure with this stove though.

Why are you trying to remove these parts? Is the baffle damaged?

To clean the stove from the inside of the house since we cannot get on the roof due to constant rain (12 12 pitch).

Can't guarantee anything but I believe begreen is right there should be a small Allen screw on each one of the secondary tubes. Once the screw and retainer are removed the tube can be slid to the left or right to be removed. Once the front three are out the baffle should have enough room to come down.

Can't guarantee anything but I believe begreen is right there should be a small Allen screw on each one of the secondary tubes. Once the screw and retainer are removed the tube can be slid to the left or right to be removed. Once the front three are out the baffle should have enough room to come down.

My stove only has one secondary tube and it is against the back panel and there are no screws or bolts.

Is there enough room for the bricks on the baffle be removed? After taht, by the looks of it the baffle plate just rests on the side angle supports. Have you tried banging it upward on one side or another with your hand or a rubber mallet. It may be as simple as lifting up one side, sliding on top of the angle on one side, then under the angle on the opposite side.

Is there enough room for the bricks on the baffle be removed? After taht, by the looks of it the baffle plate just rests on the side angle supports. Have you tried banging it upward on one side or another with your hand or a rubber mallet. It may be as simple as lifting up one side, sliding on top of the angle on one side, then under the angle on the opposite side.

Tried that. The tube is the only thing keeping it in place. The brick are out. If that tube comes out the plate can be removed, but I don't know if that tube comes out though.

There may be an alignment pin at the back of the baffle. If so try banging it up at the rear middle? If that doesn't work I would get in touch with a well established Quad dealer or try Quadrafire tech support.

Didn't the 3000 have a steel baffle that you remove and it gives you access to the flue? Without taking out the tube in the back?

That was my thought, but apparently it isn't coming out easily.

The one in the old thread where the fellow replaced bricks and cleaned up the stove had the baffle removed. With the tube still there. From his pics the baffle sat on two straps welded to the top of the firebox just like my old Sierra had. Ya just lifted up the baffle, moved it to one side and angled it down into the firebox.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.