Quad 3100 baffle !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbk12rs

Dec 29, 2009
Smithfield , RI
WOW !!! What a difference !!!

Got in from work today to a cool house ...... no-one was around today .

I've been wondering for a few months about the placement of the baffle , when we would look at it sitting in front , it just didn't seem right .
Today was a perfect day to get a look at it . It wasn't even close to where it needs to rest , to far forward , not sitting in its proper place ................

Cleaned out from behind it , pushed it in place , and BAM what a damn difference ! Hotter , plenty of ghost flames , hot as hell !!!
Right now the air is damn near closed , the temps are blowing us out of the room , and what a great looking fire !

I thought I was having wet wood problems for two months !

All , Check that damn baffle !

I HAVE A NEW LOVE FOR MY QUAD !

With it pulled forward you let exhaust fly right up the back bypassing the secondary combustion. I would check the steel back there, as you can overheat it and warp / crack it if that baffle is out of place.

At the next cool down I will . The baffle is out of shape some , I'm sure its fine for now .

As far as overheating , I've never got the stove to a high temp where I could have done that ????? I thought I was battling a wet wood problem .

But I will check it soon . Thanks .

I had my first long night burn with this darn stove !!!

You wont get that great of stove temps with the baffle forward but the back of the firebox can get excessively hot. I would definitely check it out if you managed to warp the fiber baffle board.

This is why they added a giant plastic hang tag inside all the stoves since last year sometime, showing how the baffle goes in, because it can move during shipping. They also added an entire page to the manual explaining it.

Status
Not open for further replies.