Quad fiber board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike bove

Sep 10, 2008
va
For what its worth after reading on here about cracked boards an such, idecided t o look at my new 3100 insert used approx 15 times and sure enough mine is cracked downthe middle .

Well I 'll give you the sound advice that I received on these forums when I posted the same about my baffle. Contact your dealer immediately and ask them to submit a warranty claim. I received my replacement in just under 3 weeks.

Rich

I just noticed mine is cracked as well in at least 4 places/pieces. My dealer told me that he will have to order a new one at $80 for the 5700. He also said quad won't cover it under warranty. I may just leave it broke until spring. Anyone try to argue with Quadrafire Customer Service??

FYI check your owners manual, baffle boards are under warranty for the life of the stove. Also as long as the baffle is in place cracked or otherwise, its doing its job and not affecting the stove performance at all, there are no safety or wear concerns.

I'm aware of what the owner's manual says; however, the lady at the dealership is not going to let me leave the store w/o paying $80. I'm sure it will work just fine as it is; but, it is amazing how difficult some dealers make a warranty replacent. The sales manager, who sold me the stove, asked if the stove was over a year old yet. I told him it is about 1 year old almost to the day. I also told him that the stove has a lifetime warranty and I would like the baffle board under warranty. He told me he would check into this, which he did. The message he left was that baffles and gaskets are not covered under warranty.

Write a letter to Quad along with a copy of the warranty in your manual. Also include the dealers info you are dealing with. Hopefully they will forward a claim to your dealer telling them to replace it. If there are not chunks missing or holes in it, it is perfectly fine to use it cracked.

My dealer replaced mine under warranty, though my unit is under a year old. But was told the boards are covered for 5 years, and baffles lifetime. Was also told boards use to be covered for life. Would love to know whats what.

I just got a replacement for my 4300 in warranty. Ironically, it's now a two piece baffle! I took the old one in to show the gent behind the counter and he proceeded to write up a ticket for ordering a new one at about $80. When I told him that I thought it was in warranty, he walked over to a stove, grabbed a manual and read the terms. After a minute, he agreed and wrote "no charge-warranty" across the ticket. Sweet! I did have the original bill of sale to prove that I bought it from them, however. They called me a few weeks later to tell me it was in and when I went to pick it up, he asked me if I happened to have the old one. No, it's been reinstalled and was probably too hot to carry. :coolsmile:.. He let me have the new one without charging me and said that when the old one cools off, they want it back. No big deal! I was almost looking forward to an argument, but didn't get one. Oh, well....

I'm liking these guys more and more: http://www.courtlandhearth.com/ Might be tempted to buy another one from them.

Good luck with your dealer.

Chris

UPDATE: They sent the wrong part. I looked it up myself and they sent me the baffle for the ACC instead of the ACT. It's apparently a whole 'nother animal. Oh, well. Back to the dealer.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.