quad fire classic bay problem, whats brokkke!?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

my6inarow

Nov 1, 2013
upstate ny
okay here second pellet stove, and well i replaced my last stove with this free classic bay, therostat hooked up works. problem i am having with teh stove is that it only works on the high burn setting . ( high med low)... med and low dont work, i can burn on high with either one of the fan settings low or high ( heat in to the room settings). so if i have it on high and fill her up hit the reset button the stove burns as it should turns on and off al by its self, but if i have it on med. or low the stove wont do s&i* when the thermostat calls for heat, and yes i spent id say about 2 hours with a shop vac and a air compressor before i even installed the stove, my hosue is small and id like to just leave the stove on low nad have it burn all the time instead of on and off help please?

I'm sure there are more knowledgeable users but have you tried checking the wiring connections? Turn stove off and unplug. Check all of the connections to the snap disks. Mine appeared to be ok but were loose enough to cause issues. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and crimp all of the spade connections (while unplugged) and try again.

I'm sure there are more knowledgeable users but have you tried checking the wiring connections? Turn stove off and unplug. Check all of the connections to the snap disks. Mine appeared to be ok but were loose enough to cause issues. Take a pair of needle nose pliers and crimp all of the spade connections (while unplugged) and try again.
Inspect the thermocouple over the firepot. The thermocouple wire should be over the firepot all the way in the cover. They tend to pull out over time. The thermocouple will not read the fire on lower settings and shut the stove down.

If not the the thermocouple then I would suspect the control box. Is it the new clear control box or the old solid color control box? If it is the old solid color one I would update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.