quad (repair) cracked manifold

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4 cords

Hearth Supporter
Aug 31, 2008
central ct
official quad repair installed today, open to coments-I have mine. Any others have the same repair done 4300 step top?

Attachments

• 101008_1819a.jpg
    101008_1819a.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 343
And the reason they didn't align the holes in the patch with the air holes in that secondary manifold is what?

Well thanks for posting since I have that same stove I'm thinking I can fab a piece of sheet metal to do that same fix if I have to. Besides noticing that it was broke/cracked did you notice any loss of performance with the stove? See smoke out of the chimney...anything?

wow a reply from the man! the bolt on the right is over the warped area ,gasket on bottom will not help the quarter inch gap at the top, the left side seems flush on manifold,I cant look at my stove the same way it will never be right.corner welds show signs off cracks too.thanks for looking

seems to burn ok ,you still dont know its going from outside besides heat rising,what will happen in 3 more years of burning I wonder, need to buy stock in steel

It looks like the upper piece is slotted for left/right adjustment. Can you loosen it up a little and see if it can be moved left or right so that the manifold holes can be aligned properly?

This makes the same problem with a 4300 freestander and some 7100 fireplaces. This ain't good. >:-(

Personally I think the way they did that patch job invalidated the EPA certification.

I think the plate will slide right to alighn the holes ,the problem is widespread , we notice because we are in our stoves like a woodpile, but thats ok right?

the repair was done by the shop where we bought it,they do installs also I believe,looks different than another repair posted while back on an insert

Status
Not open for further replies.